Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Only one post in November? Lame!

So sue me. So I only got one post in in November. November is a lousy month anyway, right? The only thing worth talking about in November is Thanksgiving. And my grandma's birthday, which I forgot to acknowledge because I am a bad bad boy. We had Chinese food for thanksgiving this year. It had kind of become the new Alldredge family tradition, Chinese on Thanksgiving. Here's the reasoning: Rachel and I have parents that live in the same city. Both sets of parents want to see us on Thanksgiving. Both sets of parents want to have dinner with us. My brothers and sisters aren't able to come for Thanksgiving till the weekend. My mom wants to have traditional Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family, but not twice in one week. That's just not how we do things in my family. The same meal more than once a month is unconscionable, let alone in the same week. So, to solve the conundrum, my mother decided that we would do Chinese for lunch on Thanksgiving. Home made, too. Mmmmmmmmmm..... good! Then, we have turkey on that Saturday, when the whole family can get together. That allows Rachel and I to eat lunch at one house, and dinner at the other and we are spared the horror of trying to eat two turkey dinners the same day. It just works better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!