Sunday, December 30, 2007

Next Subject

I decided to split this post up into a few sections so that it looks like I have been better about blogging. In this post I would like to actually talk about Christmas. Our small little family decided to do Christmas at our own house for once. I really liked the idea of sleeping in my Tempur-Pedic bed and having Ammon sleep in his own crib. I hate sleeping at other peoples houses, if only because Ammon doesn't deal with that very well at this age. He is most comfortable and most likely to sleep through the night in his own crib, and that is really better for everyone involved. Anyway, we went over to my parents house for dinner on Christmas Eve. It has been our family tradition for the last few years to have steak and seafood for dinner that night. I don't know why, but I'm not gonna complain. I love steak. I love crab, shrimp and scallops. I love them even more on the same plate. Mmmmm.....
Then since Aaron and Courtney (brother and sister-in-law (who doesn't like seafood, incidentally)) and their daughter, and Micah and Nancy (brother and sister-in-law) were over, we decided to open family gifts. I got some "interesting" things: a Pez Dispenser, a Superman sports bottle, a 2gb micro-SD card for my mp3 player, and some other odds and ends. My parents gave me a new coat and the promise of a good butchers knife, which I have really wanted for a while. Rachel gave me a portable DVD player that also reads SD cards and has a Ipod video dock. Now all I need is an Ipod video... Ammon gave me a can of Spaghetti-O's since we both like them and he thought I might share with him. I got Ammon's present out of the trash, it's a computer keyboard, since he likes to pound on the keys when he sits at the computer with me (like right now). I got Rachel a little keychain digital picture viewerThat was broken out of the package, so that was fairly disappointing. I also got her a Nintendo Wii. The jury is still out on whether she really likes it or just kind of likes it. I'll let you know later, when she's had more of a chance to play with it. I am pretty fond of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!