Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ok....Two Days Left In 2007

Where did the year go? I was just getting used to writing 2007 at work, and now I'm gonna be confused about the date for at least a month. That happens to me every year though, so it's nothing new I guess. Ok so where should I start? How about with work? The last two weeks before Christmas are known affectionately as Peak at Fedex. That means that our lives and the lives of our families are given up in order to deal with the chaos of the Christmas shipping season. I worked over 60 hours both those weeks and about died. Most drivers just have to deal with increased volume on their own routes, and most can handle it without many problems. Me on the other hand, I get dumped on since I don't have my own route. This year, it was my pleasure to pick up all of our bulk shippers. That meant I got a large Penske rental truck, and it was my job to fill it up. I picked up at places like Amazon.com and Pure Food Fish in Pike Place Market (the only fish mongers I would go to or order from there) and RPI (an online printing company, where I picked up 5,000 packages one day). I filled the truck up twice on really heavy days. Luckily it was NOT my job to unload the truck, because I probably would have collapsed. I got to eat lunch while 3 other people unloaded the freight. The only really good thing to come from all that was my paycheck. Other benefits include a sore back, getting up really early, getting home really late, not seeing my family, and working in the cold wet weather for hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!