Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Where I Work

I don't remember if I have mentioned this, but I work for FedEx Express. I think I did somewhere in this thing, but then, who knows? Anyway, that's where I work. I am what is know as a swing driver, which means that I have to know most of the routes in the station, so that I can fill in on them if someone calls in sick or something. Today, I went to pick up a bulk stop at a medical shipping company downtown. I drove our biggest regular truck, a 900, and filled it up. This is what it looked like (more or less):
It isn't very fun loading all those boxes into your truck, knowing that you are just going to have to unload the all over again in 15 minutes. The only thing that makes going there worthwhile is the free vending machines. I always get a couple of cans of orange juice or apple juice when I go there.
My boss was gone this last weekend. He took Friday and Monday off, so we went ahead and toilet papered his office while he was gone. The funny thing about that is that he already has an actual toilet in his office just sitting there, not hooked up of course. So we thought that the toilet paper added a much needed boost to the office decor. We also used the label maker and made a tag saying "Men's Room" and stuck that on his office door. But we put toilet paper everywhere. I taped it to the ceiling and ran it through the blinds and tacked it to his pegboard from one side of the room to the other. I thought I had done a pretty good job, but my boss said that he was disappointed because it only took him like 15 minutes to clean up. And most of that was spent scraping the mens room tag off his door. Lame. We only had one roll of TP though. Next time I'll know and bring some of my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!