Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Crib

Today I finally finished the baby crib. It is in Ammon's room right now and he is sleeping in it. He is not sleeping well, but I think that has more to do with the house being so muggy and hot than with the new sleeping arrangements. Rachel said that she really likes it except for the couple of blemishes where the wood didn't take the stain very well. I thought it turned out rather well, if I do say so myself:
P.S. ignore the clutter around the crib, it is there because we had to move stuff to fit it in. It takes up about 1/4 of the entire room.

I made it out of poplar and birch plywood, so hopefully it will last a while. It is a convert-a-crib, so if we don't have another baby by the time Ammon is ready to move out of it, it can be set up as a toddler bed as well as a full size bed. All in all, a good project, and it only took me 3 months of part time work every fourth or fifth day! So really about two weeks altogether. Now i have to get started on the changing table...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!