Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Ammon is 4 months today!

Well today Ammon is exactly four months old. He is growing fast, faster than I think I want him to. It's kind of hard sometimes to see how fast everything is changing. Today he went in for his four month checkup and we found out that he is growing normally. His height is a little under average, but when you think about the family he comes from, that is kind of a given. I'm the tallest member of my immediate family at a staggering 5'10". But he is gaining weight nicely and his physiological development is progressing normally. He is vocalizing frequently now, and prefers to sit up instead of lay down. Or is it lie down? I don't remember right now. Rachel has decided it was ok for him to start on solid foods now, so earlier this evening she opened a bottle of applesauce (I think it was applesauce) and he got a few mouthfuls down. He wasn't quite sure about the whole solid food thing at first, but he seemed to be enjoying it at the end. I tried to give him some mashed up banana like 10 days ago and Rachel wasn't too happy about that. But today since the pediatrician said it was ok, now it's ok. Fine.
Rachel has been considering selling our current house for one that is closer to where she works and where Ammon is during the time when we are both at work. She says that she feels like she live in one place and sleeps in another. My parents have taken quite a liking to the idea and have been looking up all the listings for waterfront property in the area. I wish we had that kind of money to spend. It is one of my life's goals to eventually live on a small to medium size lake, where hopefully I will be able to build the exact house I want, kind of like my parents did. But to get started, my dad found one place that he is really excited about. It is a long skinny house on kind of a smallish pond/lake called Lake Killarney. We went to the house last night to check it out. My dad says that the place has lots of potential. If only we had the money to take full advantage of it. It really is a nice lot, and it has sort of a private lagoon. It is not classic waterfront in my mind, but it is waterfront. It looks like someone about 50 years ago took a backhoe and scooped out a bunch of land in back of their house and the lake just "happened" to fill in the empty space. So I don't think that it was originally a waterfront lot, but it is now. There are a few negatives though, apart from the fact that we don't have enough money to buy it. 1: its on septic. I hate dealing with septic and would want to connect to the sewer. 2: the house is straight out of the 60's. I mean architecture, style, feel, everything. 3: the lake is more giant pond than lake. It is shallow towards the shore, then deeper then in the middle it gets shallow again. Not much of a swimming lake, in my mind. I suppose you could do laps... If my parents wanted to give us the money to make up the difference I might consider living there. But it isn't somewhere I want to go out of my way to purchase. Maybe if I saw it during the daytime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!