Saturday, May 19, 2007

Our First Date

Tonight, Rachel and I left Ammon with someone other than family for the first time. She knows them real well, but I don't. They seemed to know what they were doing though. I called my mom to ask her what the going rate for babysitters is since my youngest sister is frequently called upon to do that sort of thing. She said $3.50 an hour for just one kid. I don't know if that is high or low or average. Anyway, for our first night out together without Ammon, we went to a movie and dinner. We saw Meet the Robinsons in 3-D and that was pretty neat. I enjoyed how the special effects didn't really detract or take away from the movie story at all. I have seen a few other 3-D movies and they always try to wow you with the effects at the expense of the story. But not this one, I was pleasantly surprised. I will probably end up buying the movie when it comes out on DVD.
Then for dinner we went to Billy McHales and I had a rib-eye and Rachel opted for soup and salad. She got a weird soup that she didn't like and also didn't eat. She also decided to go sing in the karaoke bar, so I ended up eating most of my diner alone. Sad. But it made Rachel happy, since our karaoke system has been down since out stereo blew up. She enjoys singing very much, so I am going to have to do something about getting a new stereo pretty quick. That and it's no fun watching movies with the sound coming through the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!