Monday, April 19, 2010

At my grandparents house

This week for vacation we are using it to visit my grandparents at their house in Goldendale, WA. I haven't been to their house in several years, at least not since before my kids were born. Today, once we finally got here, my first job was to pull the starter out of my Granddads 67 VW Bug. I haven't gotten to work on a VW Bug for a while and it was refreshing to work on something so simple again. Makes me want to revisit my own Bug. But mine is going to cost me a lot more than his, since mine needs a whole new engine and his only needed a new starter. We are going to take them to the doctor tomorrow, Grandma has to go get a shot in her eyeball so she doesn't go blind. She has macular degeneration, so the shots are supposedly helping. Anyway, I was commenting to Granddad earlier that I hadn't had time in the recent past to just sit around and do nothing. We were sitting and talking for a while and then we just lapsed into silence, and there was no pressure and we just sat there for a while and I was really able to relax for the first time. It was a great feeling and I had forgotten just how it felt. Anyway, we are off to the observatory now so I have to go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Rachel are there! Thank you guys for stepping in and helping Grandma and Granddad get to their appointment - hopefully the directions I left there will make it a easy drive. Have a great visit - sounds like things are off to a good start at least :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!