Sunday, April 25, 2010

Building our House

Well, we are still waiting for the state to give final approval to the city for its shoreline management plan. Its kind of frustrating, since all they have to do is sign off on it. And it really is only a sign off, since this is the revised version containing changes that the city was required to make for final approval. The state is stalling because it says it can't spare the man-power due to budget problems. I guess I don't understand that, because really how long does it take to verify that the required changes were made from the original document?
I do have a solution though: What if the government were not so involved it the little nit-pickey things in our lives? Then they wouldn't have to spend money on stuff that they don't need to be worried about (like regulating what can and can't go into a vending machine) and put resources to better use like signing off on the shoreline management plan that I need to build my house. Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!