Saturday, January 17, 2009

Giving Up the Ghost

This last week of so has been pretty expensive. My Saturn finally gave up the ghost and it is now sitting as a lawn ornament in my driveway. I spent all day last Wednesday taking it apart and putting it back together. The front drivers side wheel bearing has welded itself to the steering knuckle and I don't really want to spend any more money fixing it. The engine and transmission still work fine, but it is getting up there in years. It is a 1995 Saturn SL2, and it only has 191000 miles on it. Only! Anyway, it lived a good long life and I think it's time for it to throw in the towel. So, we decided to go out and get a new car. After doing some research and deciding that we anted a car that could fit more that four people, I decided on two cars: The Mazda CX-9 or the Hyundai Veracruz. Now, anyone that knows me probably would guess that I was a little more biased toward the Veracruz, since that is where I served my mission, and since we already had a Hyundai Sonata, and I really like it. But you would be wrong. I really wanted the CX-9, since I had read really good things about it. So Rachel went down to Portland to get it, since no one up in Seattle would give us a good deal on one. I couldn't go since I had to work and I wasn't going to call in sick just to go get it (even though I have been really sick for the past week or so). So now we have one.

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!