Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Day After...

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now officially one year closer to death. Not actual DEATH death, but 3-0. My older brother is going to turn 30 on Tuesday and I thought about calling him and leaving a voicemail with a funeral dirge playing in the background. Maybe I will still do that, but if he survives Tuesday, maybe there is hope for life after your twenties after all.
To celebrate my birthday, Rachel and I went out for a night by ourselves. We left the kids (it still feels weird saying kids) at my moms house and went to a hotel in Seattle. We stayed at the Pan Pacific in the south Lake Union area. It's a nice hotel, but not the nicest one I have stayed at in this city. I guess I can say that I am somewhat of a hotel snob now, because I have stayed at quite a few.

Rachel and the kids will be leaving tomorrow to California. I will miss them and they will miss me. She is taking them down to visit her grandfather, who is recovering from his umpteenth heart surgery.

1 comment:

  1. The big 3-0 huh? It's not so bad! You've truly arrived once you hit your 30's.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!