Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF... What does that mean anyway?

So I have almost completed my first full week as a stay-at-home dad. It has been kind of crazy so far, and I have come to realize just how much discipline it takes to be on top of everything. And I only have two kids. I have to remember to feed them, and change their diapers. I have to bathe them and get them dressed. I have to entertain them and make sure they don't get into trouble. It's amazing how little time I have to get any housework done, or anything other than watch the boys and make sure that they don't die. For instance, Ammon has figured out how to open the dishwasher. There were steak knives in the lower part of the dishwasher where you put the silverware, and of course Ammon doesn't grab a spoon, he pulls out the knives. Luckily he was apprehended by the dad police before he got too far with them, but I have to remember that he is getting bigger now, and can do more stuff. And then Noah who is a helpless baby is the main focus of Ammon's interests right now. We have to be extra careful that Ammon is gentle enough and soft enough. He has tried to use Noah as a stepping stool, or a landing platform. He likes to make sure that Noah is warm, so he is constantly trying to cover(smother) him with blankets. He like to do this thing where he bangs his forehead against yours, and Noah's head is just as good as any other. We just have to be very careful. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!