Friday, October 31, 2008

The Last Day

Today is officially the last day I am a stay at home dad. For those that don't know, I took three weeks off from work to be at home while Rachel got acclimated to her new part time work schedule, and to see that Noah got a little older before we start taking him over to my moms house. Rachel will only be working on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The rest of the week, she will be at home with them. I don't think I will have to work many Saturdays, so hopefully it will only be two days that the kids will be at my moms house.
Being at home with the kids is interesting. There isn't much time to do anything that I want to do. I end up spending a lot of time playing with blocks or reading books or stuff like that. Ammon is starting to talk (for real) and that makes things a little more interesting, in that he can at least answer questions about things he wants to do instead of me having to guess all the time. Noah has gotten to the point where he is sleeping through the night and takes a nap about the same time of the day as Ammon does, so that is the time to get the laundry done, or write in my blog. Today I chose to do the blog. It really has been great being here at home with the kids. Partly because starting on Monday, I will not be seeing them very much. It depends on my new work schedule. I'm not quite sure what it is going to be but I do know that it is all day long. We'll see if I'm cut out for 12 hour days.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nathan...please tell Matt exactly what you said about not having a lot of time to yourself. He doesn't quite understand that aspect of staying home. That's neat that you were able to have that time with your boys.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!