Monday, March 23, 2009

Today I Came Home From Work

I went in to work this morning at about 6am, because the managers had me assigned to do an FO route. An FO route delivers our early morning packages. It's about 8 stops and all have to be delivered before 8am. I take out my 8 stops in Downtown Seattle and get done just before 8. Sometimes if I don't know the area I am delivering it can be a pretty harrowing experience, but not today. Easy breezy. When a swing driver such as myselfdoes one of these routes, they are usually assigned to a regular morning route also, so that way when they come back off of road all they have to do is scan their freight and head right back out again. But today I didn't see my name on the assignment board for anything other than the FO route. It didn't bother me, because that usually means that I would be doing overflow or something (helping out another route). So I came back to the station, and asked what I would be doing for the rest of the morning, because I have a pickup route to do later this afternoon. They said that there was no freight for me, and that I was to take a split (long, LONG lunch) and be back in time for my pickup route. So here I am, back at home and hopefully I will get a bunch of stuff done that I normally wouldn't have time to do.

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!