Thursday, February 26, 2009

ByeBye

Today we donated our cars to the Northwest Center. We put our keys and the signed title in the front seat and then left. When we came home the cars were gone, and we had a nice receipt from the donation people. No fuss no muss, and poof the driveway is empty. I had forgotten what an empty driveway even looked like. We didn't donate the Hyundai or the Mazda mind you, we donated our Kia Sephia and the Saturn SL2. Those were the cars we owned but just took up space in our driveway. Neither car was drivable, mostly because I didn't want to spend any more money on either of them. And I didn't really have the time to work on them myself. The Saturn needed front end work and the Kia needed new wires to the starter (I think). But I have lots of other more important things I could be doing with my time, like blogging. If you ever drive your car into the ground, I highly recommend donating it to some local charity. They do all the hard work for you and it's just done.
Although... I am sad to see the Saturn go, since I really enjoyed driving it. And I wish that I could of at least been there when it was loaded up, you know to kind of say goodbye and wish it luck in it's new life as a wrecker. It had 190000 miles on it and it had lived a good long life. My uncle bought it new in 1995, my dad bought it from him and I bought it from my dad, so it was a family car. It seems like I should have been there to tell it that it was apreciated and that it did a great job and would be missed. Instead I just said,"You're Fired! Get out of here! I don't want to see you when I get home!" Oh well, it's only a car right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!