Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Trip to Idaho

Yesterday my family and I left to visit my brother in Idaho. We left at about 10:00pm and drove through the night. The total travel time is about 12 hrs, what with all the rest stops and fueling stops and traffic stops... yeah I got pulled over by an Idaho State Patrol officer about 15 minutes away from my brother's house. I was trying to catch up to my dad who had rocketed away from our two car caravan a little while earlier. The cop got me at 85 in a 75, so only 10 over. It could have been worse, since a little earlier I had been up to 90+. Anyway, the guy came out of no where and came flying up the freeway behind me. As soon as
I saw the flashing lights in the distance behind me, I knew that he'd got me, so I started to pull over. I had just caught up to my dad too, (who incidentally sped off and left me to the sharks), which was extra frustrating. Anyway, the cop was nice, I was nice (Rachel wondered why, and I was like, "The guy is just doing his job... give him a break") and I drove away with a $75 speeding ticket. Pretty cheap if you ask me. So here we are at my brother's house, and I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted a picture of your ticket. . .that is awesome Nathan :-) Your attitude is great, too. I wish I could be that laid back. . .I just know I'm going to get a ticket one of these days on the trip from Provo up to Washington (14 hours), I usually am at around 90 the whole way. . .

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!